Job Purpose: To manage activities for the Highways Team relating to the feasibility, design and construction of Road Renewals, RIS schemes and/or Designated Funds projects.
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
*Manage and deliver scheme work on several projects at any one time to required brief and programme.
*Carry out site investigations, inspections, surveys, studies and analysis. Drafts reports on identified problems, record costed options and recommend solutions.
* Prepare and check design calculations and drawing production.
* Prepare and collate technical documents and reports.
*Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief. Keep up to date with technical updates and changes
* Draft responses to project related correspondence
* Support the Design teams work for the Collaborative Performance Framework (CPF)
*Maintain contact with the Client organization and other organizations including attending meetings. Direct liaison with clients regarding technical issues and project progress etc.
* Undertake site supervision duties when required.
*Assist in project administration and control including monitoring of costs and programme.
*Supervise and co-ordinate the work of Project Engineers and others and support their personal development.
* Ensure compliance with the Integrated Management System.
*Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
*Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with the general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
* Appropriate qualification in Civil Engineering.
* Affiliation with Civil Engineering Institution or equivalent professional Organisation.
* Typically 5+ years experience working within the highways industry on a high speed
Network including knowledge of Network Operations and Scheme delivery.
*Experience in the outline and detailed design of major projects schemes, highways maintenance and highways improvement schemes.
* Experience in managing other staff. Good interpersonal skills.
*Experience using quality, environmental and health and safety legislation and management systems, particularly CDM 2007.
* Project and programme management advantageous.
* Ability to use MS Project, ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig or WINDES advantageous.
People Responsibility: Up to three members of staff