Job Title: Assistant Project Engineer (Roads Value Stream)
Reporting to: Senior Project Engineer (Roads Value Stream)
Job Purpose (brief description of role): The Assistant Project Engineer, will assist with activities relating to the study, design and/or construction of Highway Maintenance schemes to the Clients requirements.
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
*Assistance in design of elements for motorway and trunk roads projects, valued at up to £5m.
* Plan, organise and co-ordinate own workload for the team including other disciplines
* Assist with project administration
* Prepare specifications and schedules
* Meet targeted deadlines
* Provide solutions to design & construction problems
* Ensure compliance with Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety and CDM procedures
* Provide support & guidance to design & delivery teams
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
* Appropriate qualification in Civil Engineering.
*Ideally some experience of working within a Civil Engineering design environment, preferably on a high speed Network.
*Computer literate with competent ability and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Good communicator, both orally and in writing.
* Able to work with minimum supervision.
People Responsibility: None.